Based in Novi Sad, Serbia
10 July, 2013
DescriptionGods of Sparta is a Battle Card Game that focuses on player's skill instead of luck. There are no booster packs or trading, the focus is on strategy, tactics and battles.
HistoryI always wanted to create a strategy game focusing on battles instead of building the army. Looking at other card games that came out recently, I noticed that they mostly copy the game mechanics from Magic the Gathering, without trying to bring anything new. A single line of battle with blocking, random card draws, supporting cards (lands), it all looks the same, just with different unit names and graphics. I wanted to create something completely different. The main goal was that there are no dumb cards, and each card should have its purpose. This means less cards in the deck, since you don't have dummy filler cards.
- Three races of units with unique abilities
- Flying, melee and ranged units
- Four rows on the battlefield, allows ranged units to shoot at distance
- Focus on battles instead of hoarding cards
- No randomness - skill determines the winner
- Great background music
- Playable in the browser, no need to install anything
Logo & Icon
- "Fun distraction for anyone who likes short-term strategic gameplay"
- Victor Grunn, Gaming Trend
A small developer with big ideas.
More information on Bigosaur, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Gods of Sparta Credits
Game design & Development, Bigosaur
Johannan, Glass84 and Seatongray from Fiverr